The Office of Criminal Justice seeks a dynamic and motivated Serve Philadelphia VISTA to join our team for a year beginning July 2017. The Reentry Coalition VISTA will build the Reentry Capacity Bank to connect community-based reentry providers with volunteers, in-kind services, and other pro-bono resources, advancing the Coalition’s goals of facilitating collaboration, leveraging resources, and building capacity among reentry stakeholders to create a more effective reentry services system.
Applications go through the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Civic Engagement and Volunteer Service, now accepting applications from qualified candidates to join the 2017-2018 ServePhiladelphia VISTA Corps. Serve Philadelphia VISTAs are AmeriCorps memberswho fight injustices and causes of poverty facing individuals and communities inPhiladelphia by serving in city departments full-time for one year.
• Annual living allowance of $12,312
• Education Award ($5,185) or End of Service Stipend ($1,500)
• VISTA Health Benefits Program
• Student loan forbearance
• 20+ hours of professional development
during service year
• A cohort of like-minded professionals and a network of 100+ Alumni
• Complete a Bachelor’s Degree by start of service
• Current U.S citizen or permanent resident
• Interest in government, policy, social justice and/or community engagement
• Complete a criminal background check and child abuse clearance (if you are selected)*
*This occurs through the Corporation of National and Community Service. Please contact email@example.com if you are
concerned about how criminal history information might affect your application.
How to Apply: Our application is only available on the website. Please visit: www.serve.phila.gov/VISTA and download our Application