The Employment Specialist is responsible for building and cultivating an employer network; evaluating labor market data to determine employer demand and usage of Philadelphia OIC services while determining improvements and ways to leverage relationships with employers to meet Philadelphia OIC’s placement metrics.
The Employment Specialist will develop and implement a strategic plan for job placement services with a strong focus on previously incarcerated individuals, and will ensure achievement of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual job placement goals for each program.
The Employment Specialist will assist individuals in the Skills Opportunities Achievement Responsibility (SOAR) Re-entry Program to obtain employment, matching program participants with employment opportunities, taking into consideration each participant’s skills, work experience, interests, and goals and aspirations.
• Build sustainable relationships with current and potential employers through a range of sales and marketing initiatives (telephone, field visits, job fairs, direct mail, presentations, marketing materials, social networking, etc.).
• Manage time and performance by meeting and documenting weekly/ monthly targets for prospecting calls, new employer appointments, job starts, verifications and follow-ups with existing employers.
• Serving as the liaison among employers, participants, and our criminal justice partners
• Discuss the need for a program matching ex-offenders with employment.
• Provide the “public face” of the organization and program.
• Maintain an updated roster of participant placements and potential job opportunities.
• Work with Case Managers and Vocational Trainers to match participants with appropriate employers.
• Potentially participate in training and mock interviews.
• Survey employers to maintain their needs are being met.
• Provide regular updates to Program Manager.
• Implements a system for monitoring participant supportive service delivery.
• Ensures all supplies and materials are appropriately inventoried and monitored.
• Documenting all participant and employer contact, activities, and outcomes in our case management system (Salesforce)
• Completes administrative projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources; redesigning systems; recommending re-deployment of designated resources
• Assists with program-related work as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
• Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines.
• Ability to work in a team environment, while also working independently.
• Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple tasks, projects and meet deadlines.
• Excellent public relations, community organizing, negotiation, mediation, conflict management and meeting facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
• Computer literacy in word processing, email, internet, and spreadsheets.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse groups of citizens, who may have conflicting interests and opinions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations or a related field (Preferred) or equivalent experience.
• 2-3 years’ experience in Marketing, Public Relations, Sales or a related field with a proven track record of success.
• Acquaintance with the local employment market and community resources
• Familiarity with the city, state and federal laws, regulations and codes related to employment and Equal Employment Opportunity regulations
• Communication/Presentation skills • Interpersonal skills • Organizational skills • Time management skills • Technical skill
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Emily Schreck at email@example.com, (267) 551-1938
Idealist link: https://www.idealist.org/en/nonprofit-job/cede83580f0544ecbd5a1603cc106127-re-entry-employment-specialist-2-openings-philadelphia-oic-philadelphia