JEVS Human Services is expanding our Re-Entry Services and have a need for a part time Instructor. The Instructor will help prepare participants who have been released from a Philadelphia Department of Prisons (PDP) facility, PA Department of Corrections (DOC) facility, or Federal Bureau of Prison (BOP) facility, or who and have participated in any of the JEVS Prison Programs and seek to successfully transition into a high school equivalency program, credential program, apprenticeship program, the workforce, post-secondary education, or vocational training. The Instructor will facilitate classes and individual academic instruction as part of the JEVS/Temple University Reentry Program, or other JEVS Reentry related support programs.
• Assist returning citizen and citizens with a criminal background with identifying academic barriers to employment.
• Assist participants in reaching their goals in the program by providing math, reading and general literacy support.
• Provide regular, ongoing individual literacy support, encourage achievement of goals and ensure transition to a high school equivalency program, career trade or credential program, or post- secondary program.
• Maintain notes, test and assessment scores and evaluations regarding participants' progress
• Collaborate with Resource Coordinators and Job Developers regarding planning and information sharing on job matching, job placement and retention tracking.
• Develops and implements creative and interactive lesson plans tailored to the needs of each class.
Apply here today!