Thomas Edison State University provides distinctive undergraduate and graduate education for self-directed adults through flexible, high-quality, collegiate learning and assessment opportunities. One of New Jersey’s senior public institutions of higher education, the University offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in more than 100 areas of study. Our affiliate, the New Jersey State Library, connects people with information and resources through its service to NJ libraries, the state legislature and government employees, Thomas Edison State University staff and students, and registered borrowers. At Thomas Edison State University and the New Jersey State Library we embrace a diverse and dynamic workforce that drives innovation, learner success and organizational growth. We welcome you to apply to be a part of our team.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Department: New Jersey State Library
Location: 185 W. State Street, Trenton, NJ 08608
Start Date: September 01, 2019
New Jersey State Library seeks a full-time Project Coordinator, a two-year temporary grant-funded position. Reporting to the Project Director, this position assists in the day-to-day management of the Reconnecting Returning Citizens grant funded project designed to provide services to returning citizens in public libraries in New Jersey and Philadelphia and document a model of process and toolkit of best practices for this service in public libraries across the United States
Examples of essential job functions:
• Maintain communications between project staff, partners, Advisory Committee and library sites
• Oversee the work of two part-time social workers working at multiple library locations
• Maintain a master schedule and assist social workers with coordination of community resource fairs at library sites
• Schedule and participate in project Advisory Committee meetings
• Plan project-end Second Chance Reentry Job Fairs
• Develop and administer surveys
• Organize and maintain all project records; create, gather, and organize materials for project toolkit
• Assist with project dissemination activities, including development of project website, writing of blog posts, and webinar production
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Degrees in Social Work or Library Science also considered.
Other requirements: Must be able to travel within New Jersey/Pennsylvania region to project meetings and project library sites. Driver’s license with acceptable driving history required.
How to Apply:
Resumes and applications for this position will only be accepted online through ADP Workforce Now at https://workforcenow.adp.com/public/index.htm by logging into your established account, selecting the MYSELF tab > TALENT > CAREER CENTER.
New Jersey State Library, an affiliate of Thomas Edison State University, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Read more about the position and how to apply here!