Gender Justice Fund (GJF) is a small private foundation in Philadelphia, PA that fights to end all forms of gender-based oppression through trust-based philanthropy and by amplifying community-led systems change.
The Program Manager will take the lead in the organization’s work at the intersection of gender justice and criminal justice reform under the supervision of the Executive Director. The Program Manager’s work will focus largely on the Incarcerated Women’s Working Group (the Working Group), a group of service providers, advocates, lawyers, researchers, and formerly incarcerated women based in Philadelphia. The Working Group recognizes the unique needs and experiences of women, as well as trans, non-binary and gender-expansive folks, who are currently or formerly incarcerated, and seeks to leverage collective assets to collaboratively address these needs. Through service coordination, advocacy and organizing, The Working Group supports Philadelphia women and other gender oppressed people in getting free and staying free.
Please note that the position is currently remote but will switch to at least partially in-person once it is safe to do so. The position requires regular meetings with external partners and may occasionally involve participating in events on evenings or weekends. This is a full-time position based in Philadelphia, PA.
Incarcerated Women’s Working Group (75%)
• Support development and advancement of Working Group’s policy agenda and initiatives
• Collaborate with partners at ACLU of Pennsylvania and Community Legal Services to plan and cofacilitate Working Group meetings and sub-committee meetings
• Develop and maintain relationships with Working Group members, partners, and other stakeholders related to the project
• Support outreach to new and existing partner organizations as well as decision-makers and other stakeholders in the criminal justice space
• Support women in re-entry who are part of the Incarcerated Women’s Working Group
• Support GJF’s grantmaking related to criminal justice
- Coordinate participatory grantmaking process with women in re-entry
- Solicit and evaluate grant proposals
- Manage grantee interview process
- Support grantees through the application process Provide informal technical assistance
Other Duties (25%)
• External Relations
- Represent organization on committees and working groups including PA Sex Ed. Coalition and PA Campaign for Women’s Health
- Facilitate collaborations, and develop/maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including grantees & community partners
- Support grantee collaboration and technical assistance projects
- Manage special projects/events with external partners as appropriate
- Provide backup and support to Executive Director as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
• Experience in social justice organizing and/or coalition building
• Experience working with women and trans/non-binary individuals impacted by the criminal justice system
• Understanding of and commitment to gender justice and the values of GJF
• Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to develop and maintain relationships and effectively communicate with a diverse range of people
• Strong public speaking, presentation, and facilitation skills
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage tasks
• Creativity, flexibility, a willingness to learn, and problem-solving skills
• Comfort working both in team settings and individually
• Solid technology skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, scheduling programs, etc.)
• Experience with social media a plus
• Salary: $55,000/year
• Benefits: Current benefits include paid time off and medical and dental insurance. In 2022, GJF will add life and disability insurance as well as a retirement plan to its benefits package.
• We strongly encourage BIPOC people, individuals with histories of incarceration, women, LGBTQ people, elderly people, and people with disabilities to apply.
• Applications are accepted online HERE.
• Position open until filled with preference given to applications received by 9/30/2021
• Please do not call or email as GJF does not have the capacity to respond.