The Reentry Coalition is transitioning to an elected leadership team, and we've just opened our Call for Nominations. You may nominate yourself or someone else for any or all the positions, more details on each role can be found in the form.
The nominees will be presented during our next General Membership Meeting, which has been scheduled for Wednesday, June 9th @ 10am. Please save the date now! You can register for the meeting here.
You may nominate yourself or someone else for any or all of the below positions.
Members of the Philadelphia Reentry Coalition will vote to elect the Reentry Coalition’s new Steering Committee. People can nominate themselves or be nominated by others to run for:
• Chair: Supervise, support, and direct Coalition activities. Serve as the primary Coalition spokesperson in meetings with city leadership or criminal justice agencies.
• Vice-Chair: Will facilitate meetings when Chair is absent and will become Chair of the Coalition in two years.
• Secretary: Secretary shall ensure that all meeting minutes and other PRC documents are kept in good order.
• 4 At Large Members: Will act on behalf of the coalition and actively pursue its purposes and activities. Will supervise and direct the affairs of the coalition.
In addition, to the elected members, the Steering Committee will include 5 Subcommittee Chairs and Vice Chairs for the following committees:
• Family Services
Each Subcommittee Chair/ Vice-Chair will ensure their Subcommittee follows through on plans and goals, and will report on progress/ challenges to the Steering Committee and city leadership.
The Coalition is especially welcoming of people with lived experience running for election of any position. At least three members of the Steering Committee must identify as having lived experience with incarceration.
People can run for as many positions as they want simultaneously and they will be filled in this order:
4) At-Large Members
5) Subcommittee Chairs/ Vice-Chairs: Everyone who has been elected to the Steering Committee will review the list of people who expressed an interest in the Subcommittee Chair/ Vice-Chair positions and will appoint a group from that list.